The Village of Kronenwetter is an equal opportunity employer. To that end, we are always willing to take a completed employment application at any time. If and when a position becomes open, the Village will review all of the submitted applications that the Village has received within the last calendar year. If we believe that any of the submitted applicants would have the knowledge, skills, and abilities that will meet the Village's needs, then we will contact the applicant at that time to gauge their interest in the open position.
The Village does list all of the positions which we are actively recruiting for on this website. Please check back to see if any open positions might interest you.
Current Active Recruitment Campaign
PAID PER CALL FIREFIGHTER
PAID PER CALL FIREFIGHTER
Department: Fire Department
Reports to: Fire Chief
Position Summary: Under general direction of the Fire Chief, Deputy Fire Chief, Captains and
Lieutenants, the primary function of a Kronenwetter Firefighter is to protect the community from
disaster situations, including house and building fires, and promote an environment of public safety
within the Village of Kronenwetter Fire Department’s response area. This position also participates in
fire prevention and inspection activities, equipment and fire station maintenance, and training dealing
with all phases of fire suppression, prevention, inspection, rescue and emergency operation. This
position in the course of its duty may be exposed to Blood-born pathogens, as well as other unsafe
conditions directly relating to fire suppression and control.
The Village of Kronenwetter Police and Fire Commission and the Fire Chief will interview all qualified
candidates and will confirm or deny individuals hired as firefighters.
Essential Job Functions: The Fire Department does not intend the Essential Job Function list to be an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills. The Fire Department intends that the list to be an
accurate summary of what the job classification involves and what is required to perform it. Employees
are responsible for all other duties as assigned.
1. Responds to fire alarms and extinguishes fires.
2. Performs salvage operations such as throwing salvage covers, sweeping water and removing debris.
3. Responds to and renders assistance in emergency cases.
4. Cleans and inspects equipment and apparatus after returning from a fire and notifies superior officer
of any defects.
5. Performs routine preventative maintenance tasks and keeps records of such action.
6. Keeps fire station, equipment, and grounds in a clean and orderly condition.
7. Participates in training activities and instruction sessions.
8. Performs various public information or education tasks.
9. Enters inspection, training and (on occasion) fire and emergency medical service calls into the
records management systems.
10. Completes time cards and submits those to superiors for approval and submittal to the Village Clerk.
11. Performs all work duties and activities in accordance with Fire Department policies and procedures.
12. Works in a safe manner and reports unsafe activity and conditions to a superior if someone is not
following Fire Department safety procedures.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Must complete pre-employment testing and background investigation;
2. Valid Wisconsin driver’s license required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that employees must meet to perform
the essential functions of this job. The Village may make reasonable accommodations to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Ability to operate fire suppression equipment after being trained in how to do so with some
equipment requiring complex and rapid adjustments.
2. Ability to exert physical effort in work, typically involving lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling of at
least 50 pounds, although extreme cases can exist which exceed this limit.
3. Ability to work under dangerous conditions where exposure to environmental factors such as
temperature variations and extremes, toxic agents, noise, machinery, and/or dust, may cause
discomfort and there is risk of injury.
4. Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing and other communication capabilities, with or without
reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to communicate effectively, including
during emergency situations which may involve a high degree of noise;
5. Sufficient vision and other powers of observation, with or without reasonable accommodation,
which permits the employee to effectively operate at a fire or related emergency scene.
6. Sufficient manual dexterity with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the
employee to operate equipment used in fire fighting;
7. Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodation, which
permits the employee to perform all duties involved in protecting life and property.
Applicants may be required to submit to a medical examination prior to appointment, consistent with
the requirements of the position.
The Kronenwetter Fire Department is accepting applications for paid per call firefighters. Applications can be picked up at the Kronenwetter Police Department or downloaded via the Fire Department Employment Packet.