Use of ATVs & UTVs in the Village
All Village-maintained roads, streets and alleys. State trunk highways and county trunk highways with a posted speed limit of 35 mph or less that are within the boundaries of the village, except as posted. See map below for prohibited roads in the Village.
- All operators and passengers need to comply with all federal, state and local laws, orders, regulations, restrictions and rules.
- All operators must have a valid motor vehicle operator’s license that can be presented upon request.
- Operating hours are one hour before sunrise and one hour after sunset.
- All operators must be sober and not under the influence of any intoxicating liquor, fermented malt beverages, narcotics or other controlled substances.
- All operators must carry liability insurance and/or other insurances consent with the following minimum coverages.
$10,000.00 for property damage.
$25,000.00 for the injury or death of one person.
$50,000.00 for the injury or death of more than one person.
- Speed limit shall not exceed 30 mph or the speed limit for automobiles, whichever is lower.
- All operators shall ride in single file.
- All vehicles shall operate with fully functional headlamps, tail lamps and break lights.
- No cruising (multiple back and forth trips on the same route).
- All vehicles are required to have an adequate muffler in constant operation.
- All vehicles shall not have excessive noise or smoke.
Off-road Recreational Vehicles:
- Operation of off-road vehicles within the Village are prohibited unless marked otherwise.
Find a map of roads in Marathon County that allow ATVs, UTVs and Off-road Recreational Vehicles here.