Dog Licenses

Dog Licenses

Why license your dog?

  1. Your dog is more likely to get back home. Licensed pets found in Kronenwetter are more likely than unlicensed pets to get home again.
  2. Prompt medical attention.  If your dog is found injured, a pet license makes it more likely that its medical history can be located and it will get the proper medical care right away.
  3. It’s the law. The Village requires all dogs 5 months of age or older to be licensed.
  4. It ensures a dog is vaccinated against rabies. This important vaccination keeps your dog safe & healthy.
  5. It helps other animals. Your license payment helps: shelter and feed lost dogs and cats in Marathon County and find them a new home, educate the public about responsible pet ownership, and reunite lost dogs and cats with their owners.

Dog Licenses
Dog Licenses are issued on a calendar year and may be purchased by mail, online, in person, or after hours drop box.  The cost is $7 per neutered or spayed dog and $12 for each dog not neutered or spayed.  A late fee of $5 is assessed on licenses renewed after March 31 of the current year.

 To license your pet, you will need:

  1. Dog license fee
  2. Current rabies vaccination certificate
    *There is no form to fill out.
 1. Dog License Fees:
  • Please note that online licenses include an additional $2.50 convenience fee. The fee covers the cost of mailing the licenses, tag and rabies certificate back to you. A current copy of rabies vaccination must be submitted to the Village in order to purchase a license. Failure to submit a current vaccination record will delay the processing of your application.
  • If paying by credit/debit card, there is a $1.50 service fee.  If paying online, this is in addition to the included $2.50 convenience fee.
  • A $5.00 late fee is added for licenses issued after March 31 of the license year.  The late fee does not apply to new residents or new pets.
  • If paying by mail or drop box, please include a current phone number along with a self-addressed, stamped envelope for us to mail the tag and rabies vaccination certificate back to you.

Make a payment logo2. Proof of Rabies Vaccination

You may mail, email or fax rabies certificates to: 

Village of Kronenwetter
1582 Kronenwetter Drive
Kronenwetter, WI 54455
Fax: (715) 693-4202

Other Types of Dog Licensing

  • Kennel License (requires application & Village Board approval) - $75 per year (paid w/application).
  • Animal Fancier License (requires application & Village Board approval) - $75 per year (paid w/application) + each dog individually licensed (current tag fees as above; paid after approval).