Reasons to License Your Dog
Are you considering licensing your dog? Here are some reasons why it's a good idea:
- Increases the likelihood of your pet returning home if lost. In Kronenwetter, licensed pets are more likely to be reunited with their owners than unlicensed ones.
- Enables prompt medical attention. If your furry friend is found injured, a pet license makes it easier to locate its medical history, ensuring it receives the appropriate care without delay.
- It's the law. All dogs aged six months or older are required to be licensed in the Village.
- Ensures vaccination against rabies. This important vaccination safeguards your dog's health and well-being.
- Helps other animals. By licensing your dog, you're contributing to various animal-related causes. Your license payment goes towards feeding and sheltering lost dogs and cats in Marathon County, educating the public about responsible pet ownership, and reuniting lost pets with their owners.
How to Obtain a Dog License
Dog Licenses are issued on a calendar year and may be purchased by mail, online, in-person, or by using the after hours drop box.
To license your pet, you will need:
1. Dog license fee
2. Current rabies vaccination certificate *There is no form to fill out.
- Please note that online licenses include an additional $2.50 convenience fee. The fee covers the cost of mailing the licenses, tag and rabies certificate back to you. A current copy of rabies vaccination must be submitted to the Village in order to purchase a license. Failure to submit a current vaccination record will delay the processing of your application.
- If paying by credit/debit card, there is a $1.50 service fee. If paying online, this is in addition to the included $2.50 convenience fee.
- A $5.00 late fee is added for licenses issued after March 31 of the license year. The late fee does not apply to new residents or new pets.
- If paying by mail or drop box, please include a current phone number along with a self-addressed, stamped envelope for us to mail the tag and rabies vaccination certificate back to you.
- Service dogs must be registered in-person at the Municipal Center.
- If you lose the tag, a replacement tag will cost $1.
Village of Kronenwetter
1582 Kronenwetter Drive
Kronenwetter, WI 54455
Fax: (715) 693-4202
Other Types of Dog Licensing