Frequently Asked Questions

1. How do I rent one of the Village Athletic Fields, Park Shelters and/or Community Room?

First, check availability by looking at the Rental Reservation Calendar.  Then fill out the appropriate Rental Agreement and submit, along with applicable fees/documentation by mail (to the attention of Sheila Mackoway) or drop off at the Municipal Center.

For Rental Agreements and more information, please visit the Community Reservations page.

2. Who do I contact about getting my property reassessed?

Accurate Appraisals, LLC 1428 Midway Road PO Box 415 Menasha, WI 54952-0415 1-800-770-3927

3. How do I find out what my property is zoned?

Village Zoning Map - Located under the "How Do I?" tab, "Read/View" section, click on Zoning Files, Maps, & Permits

4. When do I need a building permit?

Building permits are required prior to the start of construction. In addition to permits being required for the construction of a residential structure and all commercial buildings, permits are required for garages, sheds, accessory buildings, additions, alterations, permanent fences, decks, reroofing, demolition or razing of any building, electrical upgrades, and many other projects. If you have any questions, regarding whether your project requires a permit, call the Village at (715) 693-4200 and ask for the Building Inspection Department. Failure to obtain a permit prior to start of work results in double the building inspection fees.

5. Where is the Municipal Center located?

We are located on the East side of I39/Hwy 51 at 1582 Kronenwetter Drive, between the Maple Ridge Road exchange and Kowalski Road.

6. How do I locate my property description?

Call Marathon County Courthouse at (715) 261-1100.

7. How big of a garage can I build on my property?

This is based on a combination of your property acreage and zoning district. The Village uses a formula based on those two factors to regulate accessory buildings on individual properties. Please see the Citizens Guide to Garages & Accessory Buildings to see how the formula works for your property.

8. When is the Yard Waste Site open?

OPEN Dawn to Dusk, 7 days a week, including holidays
Mid-April to Mid-November
December 1 to December 31
For more information, CLICK HERE.

9. How do I get to the Yard Waste site?

The Yard Waste Site is located in the northeast corner of the Village at 4496 Martin Road, just west of Hwy J. To get there from Hwy X, take Pine Road west to Creek Road, take a right on Creek Road and drive 1/2 mile until Martin Road. Turn left on Martin Road and the Yard Waste Site will be on your left 4 miles away after the County Forest.

10. Who do I contact with a complaint about my garbage service?

Harter's Fox Valley Disposal at 1-888-804-8556.

11. What are the options for paying taxes?

For payments made up until January 31
1st installment or full amount due to Village of Kronenwetter Treasurer

The easiest and fastest way to pay your taxes is by mail or drop box (located in front entrance of Municipal Center).

Village of Kronenwetter
Attn: Treasurer
1582 Kronenwetter Drive
Kronenwetter, WI 54455

To receive a receipt, please include a self-addressed, stamped return envelope or provide an email address.

For payments made after January 31
2nd installment or late payments due to Marathon County Treasurer

Marathon County Treasurer
500 Forest Street
Wausau, WI 54403

For more information, please visit the Treasurer page.

Police Department FAQ

1. Can I pay for my citation online?

YES. E-payment is available for all citations issued. Look at the top left of the citation to determine what court to make payment to. There is a service fee for both services. LINK: Kronenwetter/Rothschild Joint Municpal Court Payments LINK: Marathon County Circuit Court Payments

2. Does the police department provide fingerprinting services?

YES. Some employers or organizations request you be fingerprinted. We are happy to provide that service to you. There is a small service fee. Contact the police clerk for details and to schedule and appointment.

3. What are the rules for parking on the street?

Parking on most village roadways is allowed year-round, with exceptions. 1) Watch for signs that restrict parking. 2) Parking is NOT allowed from 2:00 AM - 7:00 AM from November 1 - May 1.

4. Can I make an anonymous tip about a crime?

YES. Marathon County Crime Stoppers allows you to make an anonymous phone call, e-mail or text tip. If your tip leads to the prosecution of a crime, you could be eligible for a reward.

5. Does the police department provide DMV services?

YES. Instead of spending time in a quiet line at the DMV, stop by KPD. The police department is an authorized partner with the Wisconsin DMV. We can process your motor vehicle title, replacement titles, registration and renewals. There is a small convenience fee. Any questions about services offered contact the police clerk.

6. What is the non-emergency police department phone number?

Business Hours: (715) 693-4215 Non-Business Hours: (715) 261-1200

7. Can I do a ride-along with the police department?

MAYBE. To participate in a ride-along you can complete a ride-along request form at the police department.

8. How do I get a copy of a report?

An open records request can be made through the police clerk. Some records may be confidential due to on-going investigations, sensitive or juvenile information. There is a small fee for copies of reports.

9. Can I request an officer check my home/business while on vacation?

YES. We are happy to keep an extra eye on your property while you are away. Please complete the vacant home request form or contact the police clerk.

10. Can I get a KPD shoulder patch or challenge coin?

YES. You can purchase our shoulder patches in color or tactical and the department challenge coin. For prices click here.